Recent Posts

Monday 23 April 2012

Praise God with Lyre and Harp

Early in the morning, I stood outside in the wind coming off the English Channel, in temperatures hovering about 37 degrees Fahrenheit, I saw five meteors in Lyra. The Lyrids peaked a few days ago, when the clouds of France blew over the skies of Kent. Therefore, I missed the greatest sight of hundreds of meteors of the Lyrids. But, I saw five brilliant meteors last night in the northeast area, the quadrant where the small constellation could be seen. In 45 minutes, I only saw five, but all were unique and bright. One was a blue explosion, almost like a strobe light. One was fireball, red and orange with a long tail. One was dropping in the opposite direction of the others, like a toddler running out of his family unit, running across the grass until caught in laughter and joy.

Another one arched the constellation, like a bow. However, the night was too cold and windy, and I did not bring my winter clothes to my little vacation spot in Kent. Then, the clouds came in and covered the stars. That I saw five meteors, or shooting stars, was a treat.

Arise, my glory; arise, psaltery and harp: I will arise in the morning early. Psalm 108:2