Recent Posts

Sunday 24 June 2012

The Grumblings of War

Winter 1944-1945, Battle of the Bulge and thanks again, Dad, for your service 


Quick Fourth Post as I am off to Mass. Last week over lunch, a close friend of mine I only see a few times every year and I were discussing how the financial situation in Europe (she is from the States as well) resembled the world before both of the Great Wars. We noted that the financial crises of Germany and the West before the years in which my dad spent his youth fighting in France and Germany very much looked like the situation today.

Now, if two ladies over lunch can see this, why is this not being discussed in Catholic circles, such as Mass? If we are on the brink of chaos, brought on by many bad decisions and greed, can we not pray that war is averted? But, one must be honest to pray about such a terrible prospect.

She and I are of the age where we actually studied Western Civilization and American History in high school and in college.

I know from experience, that in some states since the early 1980s, these courses were not required. And, even in Britain (and I have taught GCSE History prep) the discussion is muted and politically correct to the point of being innocuous.

Wake up, Catholics, and pray.

I have been justified in my opinions by those greater than I. Check out this link.http://www.moneynews.com/Headline/rogers-Europe-bailouts-war/2012/06/22/id/443184?s=al&promo_code=F485-1