Recent Posts

Friday 24 August 2012

I want to praise...


...all my Catholic single friends. I am so happy to know so many women and men who are single because they are Catholic. What do I mean?

I think of David, who is trying to find the right, traditional woman, who wants to be good trad husband and have children. Bravo, David, you have kept your standards, being honest and true to yourself and your goals.

I think of A, who is a Third Order Dominican, a highly intelligent career woman, who longs for a trad Catholic man and children, but suffers because she has chosen not to settle for less, choosing to be chaste and good.

I think of T, who loves children and cooking and is one of the most beautiful women I know. She is always thinking of others. She has chosen chastity and the vision of a real Catholic family. She waits, like A, and in that they are to be commended. They are single because they are holy and want a husband who will walk into Eternal Life with them.

I think of V, another career woman, who wanted all her life to be married. She always does the right thing. She is wise and good. She prays, she suffers in her loneliness, but follows the Ten Commandments.

I think of F. who works so hard in missionary work. She would love to be a wife, but no one has found her.

I think of M, who hates living alone, but keeps busy, thinks, and prays for others, does the little things that no one notices. She also will not compromise her Faith or morals.

I praise all my single friends because they are single BECAUSE they love God and His Laws, because they know they want a traditional Catholic marriage, because they are beautiful people.

Because you are good and true, you are single. Because you are virtuous, you are single. Because you love Mary, Our Mother, you are single. Because you love the Tridentine Mass, you are single.

I have used the phrase "Trust and Wait" on this blog many times. I got it from The Count of Monte Cristo.

Trust and Wait. I know you shed tears. I know you suffer. Trust and Wait.


God loves you all so very much.