Recent Posts

Thursday 22 November 2012

No Fear


I did not understand the phrase that love drives out fear until I experienced it. Now, as an intellectual, one would think that I could have reasoned this point out in my life-but no.

The Perfect Love that drives out fear is not our love, puny and incomplete and impure as that is, but the Love of God Himself. Once He has revealed that Love to one, or to be more exact, once a person is open to that Love, fear disappears. I can say this is a truism.

Not that one is foolhardy, but a quiet knowledge takes over which is stronger than fear. This knowledge is that God dwells within me and is always, yes, always with me. 

How can one fear under that circumstance? St. Paul states, in Romans 8:31, What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who is against us?

Does one experience pain? Yes, and sickness and poverty and ridicule and sufferings of all sorts.

It no longer matters. 

God is there is all of the negative experiences. All is redeemed in Christ. 

Totally trusting in Divine Providence is a gift and for me, a healing. I begged God for this for a long time. He has been merciful. Original sin, the sins of others against me and my sin have been swallowed up in the knowledge that God is within me. Sadly, the new agers and especially the TM people have taken this phrase up as a mantra. Do not be fooled. 



The God within is Christ, the Father and the Holy Spirit and there is only one way to discover Him and that is through the Crucifixion. There is nothing magical or easy or fair about the process. St. Paul makes a list of the sufferings he endured. Why? To brag? No he did not, but to show us the way.

Why do we have to go through all this suffering? Because of our self-will and impurity. Blessed are the pure in heart for they shall see God. Matthew 5:8.

As God is Pure, we must become like Him and if we allow Him, He will do this. Pray, listen, watch, beg, repent, for the Kingdom of God is at hand.