Recent Posts

Thursday 20 December 2012

The Church as the Bride of Christ


Revelation 19:7

Douay-Rheims 
Let us be glad and rejoice, and give glory to him; for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath prepared herself



When I returned to the Church in 1971, I was given a gift. This gift is an overwhelming love for the Church.

It is sheer gift. To me, the Church is the Bride of Christ, and I am merely a servant, a little handmaid. I am here to serve Christ through His Church.

I am here to help here with the smallest detail of her train, or her veil, like a brides matron. Í am here on earth to help others see and know how beautiful She is, this Bride of Christ.

I have a very small role, but a role none the less. Whatever She needs, I shall try and do, even if it is clearing a path in the crowd for Her to come into a place. If one of Her knights or ladies has a need, as a servant, a handmaid, I am there to do whatever. This brings me a quiet joy.

It does not matter what I do but who I am. I am a servant of the Church, the Bride of Christ. That is the call, that is the cause. Like St. Philip Howard, I would die for the cause of the Truth of the Catholic Church.



Christ loves His Church and makes her radiant. He died for Her. He sent forth His Spirit to Her, and He established protectors for Her. This blog is dedicated to a saint who also loved the Church and Christ before all else. St. Etheldreda, pray for us.