Recent Posts

Sunday 6 January 2013

Epiphany in Malta It-Tre Re

Chartres Cathedral


 or The Three Kings. 

Qagħaq tal-Għasel or tal-Qastanija or honey rings, are eaten. I have not seen one as of yet, but hope to today.

I love the Three Kings and wrote a book length poem on them in 1979. My poetry professor at ND liked it, which was amazing, as he was an agnostic.

My poem is a psychological and historical study in verse. It is in a box in Illinois. However, I love the Magi, as they overcame great odds, most likely including derision, for their long journey to Christ. 

The Medievals loved them and art-work, including stained glass depicts them. Of course, they herald the coming of the Gentiles into the Kingdom of God.

Here are some choice pieces of art depicting the Magi. Happy Epiphany.


Canterbury Cathedral



Canterbury Cathedral



Chartres Cathedral



Canterbury Cathedral, again