Recent Posts

Saturday 23 February 2013

Litany of Married Saints for Us

I made up this little litany, so it is not kosher.

However, for those singles who are wanting God to answer their prayers for Catholic, traddy mates, here it is


I omit the first, traditional part, so as not to confuse anyone, as it is merely my own litany...sorry, no indulgences, but maybe, must maybe, God will hear your prayers.

Blessed Louis Martin, pray for us.

Blessed Zelie Martin, pray for us.

St. Anne, pray for us.

St. Joachim, pray for us.


Blessed Karl of Austria and Zita, pray for us.

St. Gianna Mola, pray for us

St. Bridget of Sweden, pray for us

St, Margaret of Scotland, pray for us

St. Jane Chantal, pray for us

Blessed Bartolo Longo and Marianna de Fusco, pray for us

Blesseds Aleth Mon-Bar and Tecelin of Fontaines, pray for us

Blessed Humbeline, pray for us

St. Francis Borgia, pray for us

St. Thomas More, pray for us

St. Monica, pray for us


St. Philip Howard, pray for us


St. Elizabeth Seton, pray for us


St. Margaret Clitherow, pray for us


St. Juan Diego, pray for us


St. Louis IX of France, pray for us


St. Rita of Cascia,pray for us


And, here is a book, if you can find it, for more holy married saints



Also, I add a bona fide prayer to St. Joachim, Grandfather of Jesus Christ, from the UCSSB website.

O great and glorious Patriarch, Saint Joachim, what joy is mine when I consider that thou wast chosen among all God's holy ones to assist in the fulfillment of the mysteries of God, and to enrich our earth with the great Mother of God, Mary most holy! By this singular privilege, thou hast become most powerful with both the Mother and her Son, so as to be able to obtain for us the graces that are needful to us; with great confidence I have recourse to thy mighty protection and I commend to thee all my needs and those of my family, both spiritual and temporal; and especially do I entrust to thy keeping the particular favor that I desire and look for from thy fatherly intercession. And since thou wast a perfect pattern of the interior life, obtain for me the grace of interior recollection and a spirit of detachment from the transitory goods of this life, together with a lively and enduring love for Jesus and Mary. Obtain for me in like manner a sincere devotion and obedience to Holy Church and the sovereign pontiff who rules over her: to the end that I may live and die in faith and hope and perfect charity, ever invoking the holy names of Jesus and Mary, and may I thus be saved. Amen. Our FatherHail MaryGlory be three times

And in case you missed my post on Humbeline, here it is again...
http://supertradmum-etheldredasplace.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/saints-of-february-continuedhumbeline.html

Blessed Humbeline's Feast Day is February 12th. This is from her liturgy: 

God our Father, You are the hope of everyone
who feels truly widowed and alone. Through
the intercession of Saint Humbeline, May we submit
to you in sincere humility, And so pass through the
good things of this world as not to lose the good
things of the world to come.