Recent Posts

Thursday 28 February 2013

OK, now I am getting a little emotional (remember, I am an INTJ)

I am looking at the white helicopter which is going to take about the Pope in a few minutes.

This is so unreal.

The sun is setting  It is 4:35 according to my clock in Rome.

I shall write of the Pope's leaving the Vatican and going to Castel Gandolfo.

For me, this is a personal moment as well, as this Pope has been my favourite in my lifetime.

I am old enough to have remembered the papacies of six popes.

All these papacies have been very different. The Cardinals coming to Rome must look at the great popes with which we have been blessed for over a hundred and fifty years.

Did you know that the Pope has a helicopter license and is a trained pilot. I am amazed. What an amazing man.

I am watching this on both CNN and here http://www.vatican.va/video/

To be continued....