Recent Posts

Wednesday 20 February 2013

Series on the Doctors of the Church Resumes on Friday

I shall resume the Doctors of the Church and Perfection series on Friday, skipping tomorrow.

I just got over a horrid virus, and tonight had an allergic reaction to something in the food group to which I am allergic.


Something was hiding as "vegetable oil".

Cucurbitaceae. Are any of you allergic to this family of plants? This group includes squashesmelons, and gourds, cucumberspumpkinsluffas, zucchinis, and watermelons.  Butternut squash and all these are included: thanks to wiki for the two lists....And, I love melon, sigh.....
  • Acorn squash
  • Delicata squash
  • Dodi marrow, grown in South Asia[4]
  • Gem squash
  • Heart of gold squash
  • Pattypan squash
  • Some types of pumpkin
  • Spaghetti squash
  • Sweet dumpling squash
  • Yellow crookneck squash
  • Yellow summer squash
  • Zucchini

Of course, one does not eat luffas.....but, I really do not feel well. Thankfully, it is not a bad reaction. 

My mom, one of my three brothers, and I have this allergy. 

If it is on a vine coming out of the ground like this--forget it.




I shall virtually see you all tomorrow.