Recent Posts

Saturday 16 February 2013

The Injustice of Judgement and the Gratitude for Growth

A Defence from a Single Mum and a Note of Gratitude

When we judge, we are acting like the pagans,  we have become "the world".

One of the worse things about being poor and defenceless is the hatred and judgement of other people.


I do not mind being hated for my Faith or Love for Christ. That type of hatred I wear like a badge of honour.

Yet, I still smart, which shows how imperfect I am, from the gross judgement of those who never talk to me, never ask me questions about my life, are simply not interested in me as a person, and yet make public statements of a judgemental nature about me.

This is not only irrational, but mean.

At least, make an effort to find out about someone, to learn, to listen, to be like Christ and be part of the healing of a person you may meet, and not a cause for more suffering.

I ask people to get facts straight before judging. Or better yet, refrain from judging at all.

At least be open to talking to people, dear Catholics. Talk and find out facts before making judgements.

Never make statements about someone's life if your really do not love them, or if they are not in your circle of dear friends  I go farther than that. Do not talk about other people at all. Christ Himself made Himself poor for us. People gossiped and judged God. Who am I to complain?

But emptied himself, taking the form of a servant, being made in the likeness of men, and in habit found as a man. Philippians 2:7 DR

As a Midwesterner, I learned a phrase from the nuns and in my family--MYOB.

Mind Your Own Business.

JUDGE not, that you may not be judged, Matthew 7:1. DR

Why Catholics are the worst at gossip and judgement than some other groups, I do not know.

God forgive all of us when we fall into this sin.

Wonder not, brethren, if the world hate you. 1 John 3:13 DR

When we judge, we are acting like the pagans,  we have become "the world".

I forgive those good people who judge me. These people are not only Catholics and laity, now, but priests and sisters who have not known poverty. They may have chosen poverty, but they do not recognize it in others as a gift. They cannot think outside the box. They cannot see Christ in others. I wonder why?

They do not know me. They have only met me once or twice. They know nothing of my background, my family, my self. Yet, they tell others my sins and what I should do. They do not talk to me. Odd. Why do people not go to the source of their gossip?

Of what are they afraid? Are they afraid that they might have to change their opinion? That they might have to love?

God keep me from such injustice, as that is what it is

I am amazed. But, then, if God was treated thus, why should I, a sinner, be so surprised? I expect more from my brothers and sisters in Christ.

They would have criticized Christ. I forgive them. Those who judge will be judged by Another. I am criticized. I am hated. I guess I am in Good Company. Someone else was hated by His own. I can barely imagine Christ's pain at being rejected. Or worse, by being thought to be Someone He was not and not seen for Who He Was.

He chose to become invisible. The Hidden God. 

We do not always recognize Christ in others.

 I just expect more from my brothers and sisters in Christ.

Especially those in habits. And, we all do not have families which are Catholic and value the priesthood. Some of us have families or members who are not Catholic.

The Church is my family.

That the Pope is going through the same injustices this week is clear. I suppose it is all part of following Christ. He is innocent and pure of heart. I am a sinner, and yet, none of us deserves judgement. Maybe this is why I like the man who sits outside of Sainsbury's and begs. I could be him. I AM him. When I can, I feed him. The poor feed the poor. He is me and I am him. That is what real justice is all about. I love him for who he is.

We know that we have passed from death to life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not, abideth in death i John 3:14 DR


I choose to love. And, if I practice this daily, like my good mentors teach me, the hurt shall turn into joy. 

I say thank you to those who hate and judge me. You are giving me a chance to become holy.

Thank you for this opportunity to grow in love and grace. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.