Recent Posts

Friday 14 June 2013

Be Angry But Sin Not


Be angry, and sin not. Let not the sun go down upon your anger.
Ephesians 4:26 DR


There are many types of anger. Righteous anger should be a response against abortion and other great evils. Righteous anger is causing the 20% of Frenchmen and women to take to the streets to protest against SSM. 

This type of anger motivates us. We should feel motivated enough in righteous anger to fight against legislation for abortion, such as Obamacare. 

There are many other types of anger which are sinful. One type of anger comes from pride. If someone speaks against us, for example, we might feel angry. This is the opposite of humility and reveals too much self-love.

Another type of anger comes from the avoidance of suffering. I was angry for years, because of self-will and a lack of humility and as a woman forced into being a very poor single mom.  I did not know for a very long time or learn that humility brings a meekness of heart. I deserved every bit of suffering because of my many sins. And, God was trying to get my attention in order to purify me.

Vain-glory and pride had to go, and God has used extreme measures to help me, as He is merciful.

Suffering is a necessity for us to see ourselves as we really are. The Prodigal Son woke up in the pigsty. 



If we do not have self-knowledge, we cannot see God.

If you find yourself getting angry, (like I did with the phone people and I have to go to Confession for impatient and the non-acceptance of suffering), ask God to show you the root cause. Of course, several men were wrong, but I was impatient. Even though they were wrong and I was right, and the company has sent me an apology but no compensation, I could have handled the situation with more grace. Grace is there, if I want it and I do. Long-suffering. The glasses company made a mistake as well. Long-suffering, and this time, I was patient and they corrected the lenses-a huge difference as the first eye test was either done incorrectly, or written down wrong, or confused with another person's prescription. One can learn not to be upset, but firm. The optometrist told me he spoke with the other one, which indicates it was her mistake.  Still, no apology there, but I was peaceful and full of meekness. 

Be angry but sin not about big things. Be firm and sin not about small things. 

Too many priests merely told me I was impatient, but did not help me see that impatience was the tip of the iceberg. What is beneath the surface is too much self-love, pride, the avoidance of suffering. God is showing me directly these sins and imperfections.

I have a long way to go. I hope I live long enough to become what God as intended from all time..one of His loving brides. St. Bernard states in one of his sermons that the Bridegroom in the Song of Songs removes Himself in order for the Bride to come to know herself, as she blind to who she is.



Christ removes Himself so that we run after Him in humility and lowliness. Love is awakened.  In Chapter 3 of the Song of Songs, we see that the Bride must seek humility before she can experience Love.

Upon my bed at night
    I sought him whom my soul loves;
I sought him, but found him not;
    I called him, but he gave no answer.[a]
“I will rise now and go about the city,
    in the streets and in the squares;
I will seek him whom my soul loves.”
    I sought him, but found him not.
The sentinels found me,
    as they went about in the city.
“Have you seen him whom my soul loves?”
Scarcely had I passed them,
    when I found him whom my soul loves.
I held him, and would not let him go
    until I brought him into my mother’s house,
    and into the chamber of her that conceived me.
I adjure you, O daughters of Jerusalem,
    by the gazelles or the wild does:
do not stir up or awaken love
    until it is ready!

It is all about Love. When one has quieted one's soul with suffering Love comes. At first, these are intermittent meetings, but slowly God leads one to Himself totally, and I aspire to that union.

This is the call of every baptized person. 

Peace, humility, love............