Recent Posts

Saturday 10 August 2013

I Miss Tyburn


I miss being in Tyburn, but it is not my vocation. I know this now after months of thinking and praying, and failing to make the grade. However, as Mother General said to me, we are ALL called to be Brides of the Bridegroom. All.  The most wonderful thing to experience those days, weeks, and months I was in, altogether, was being surrounded by women who loved Our Lord before all else. How wonderful to be surrounded by Brides.

Cannot the laity come to this type of focused love, where everything we do, or think, or say, or not say, is done for love of the Bridegroom? Is it possible to find laity who are as in love with Christ as the dear nuns? I meet many people who have many loves, but few who have One Love. And, from that One Love, all other loves can flow.

What holds the lay person back? Fear? Time? Focus? I do not know, because if one knows Christ, one will seek Him and His Love before all else. But, I am following the advice of St. Catherine of Siena, which I have put on this blog before. I am building the little cell in my mind from which I shall never flee.

Here is a posting with many, not all, of the articles on St. Catherine of Siena. Remember, she was a lay person.

http://supertradmum-etheldredasplace.blogspot.ie/2013/04/build-cell-inside-your-mind-from-which.html

And, more....

From the Song of Songs, Chapter Three:

In my bed by night I sought him whom my soul loveth: I sought him, and found him not.
I will rise, and will go about the city: in the streets and the broad ways I will seek him whom my soul loveth: I sought him, and I found him not.
The watchmen who keep the city, found me: Have you seen him, whom my soul loveth?
When I had a little passed by them, I found him whom my soul loveth: I held him: and I will not let him go, till I bring him into my mother's house, and into the chamber of her that bore me.
I adjure you, O daughters of Jerusalem, by the roes and the harts of the fields, that you stir not up, nor awake my beloved, till she please