Recent Posts

Sunday 11 August 2013

On Entertaining

Some Have Entertained Angels Unawares by Edward Clifford

Did you know, dear readers, that I have done catering for parties? I can cook for hundreds and enjoy every minute of it. I love entertaining. I also know a lot about wine.

I do Greek, Indian, Tex-Mex, Mexican, English, American, Czech, Ukrainian, Japanese, Chinese.

I learned from many room-mates from those areas of the world.  I miss entertaining and now, rarely have the opportunity to do so.

I love having everything, as my Grandma said, "just so".

But, sometimes, we have to "make do" instead of doing everything "just so".  The key is detachment.

My Doulton china is in a box 4,000 miles away, with my Great-Grandmá's linen tablecloths and napkins.

My good silverware is packed in storage, but tonight I had a wonderful time with two saints, the new generation of holy young men and women who know the times and choose God daily.

I entertained angels, even though I had ordinary plates from Dunne's, everyday cutlery, and mismatched glassware.

What a treat.