Recent Posts

Friday 8 November 2013

Ah, those unknown, unreal insects

Two weeks ago, I finally found out what was biting my legs. I have taken walks on the Sliema Promenade and stopped to say the rosary there in front of a beautiful, small statue of Mary, Our Mother.

The cats of Malta, many of which live in the park below the Promenade, occupy the same place as me and my rosary.

Cat fleas. I found a dead one which fell off of me. The fact that I had welts indicates an allergic reaction.

Well, I can avoid that area, or at least not sit there and pray.

I do love cats and it is too bad some have fleas.

I have not had bites now for two weeks. One must be careful. Poor cats. There are cat charities in Malta for the strays.

Here is one link .http://streetcatrescue.webs.com/howtohelp.htm