Recent Posts

Saturday 2 November 2013

I love London in the rain, but not Malta in the rain...

I am in Malta for one more week and the weather forecast is dire...four more days of rain. Rain here is heavy, with lightning and thunder. The charming, but uneven pavements, (sidewalks to Americans), cause one to get splashed up the legs with water and mud. Icky.

My clogs are not the best thing to wear, as water gets in the backs sometimes, but at least I do not slip and slide and can avoid getting the feet all wet.

At this moment, in my neighborhood, it is so quiet one could hear a pin drop. This is highly unusual for this noisy, boisterous country.

I shall not get to Church today for two reasons. One, my foot is still not healed and has swollen up today, plus the ugliest church in the world is the closest one. Oh well..I need a quiet, down day and I am getting it.

Malta in the rain...but is is clearling up, for a bit....It is 72 Fahrenheit and it will be up to 80 on Tuesday...this is nice, very nice.

But, the rain, oh well. Here is a little information for those facing wintry temperatures.

TENERIFE19°C
ALGARVE16°C
MAJORCA14°C
LANZAROTE21°C
RIVIERA MAYA25°C
GRAN CANARIA21°C
SHARM EL SHEIKH23°C
FUERTEVENTURA21°C
BENIDORM15°C
ALBUFEIRA15°C
CANCUN25°C
COSTA DEL SOL14°C
PAPHOS18°C
CRETE17°C
TENERIFE SOUTH21°C
MALTA17°C
IBIZA16°C
MALAGA16°C
MENORCA15°C
OLU DENIZ10°C
BARCELONA13°C
MARMARIS15°C
RHODES17°C
MARRAKESH17°C
PLAYA DE LAS AMERICAS21°C
SIDE16°C
ANTALYA15°C
TORREMOLINOS16°C