Recent Posts

Wednesday 4 December 2013

On fish, bread and doughnuts...

This is "my" passage of Scripture. I am sure we all have one given to us by God at some point in our lives. Perhaps at our conversion or re-version, perhaps on a special occasion, such as a wedding day, or birth of a child, some passage stood out as very personal.


God decides what passages "belong" to us. I know two people besides me who were "given" particular passages when they came into the Church after falling away.

I have few talents. These are my fives loaves and two fish. But, God can take our one, or two, or three "talents" and use them for His Kingdom, if we let Him take those.

I wanted to publish my myriad plays, short stories, novellas, poetry, fairy tales, etc, mostly sitting in boxes in storage or on old disks and discs. That idea was not God's plan.

I wanted to finish a novel I began years ago. That was not God's plan.



I have a blog, which is not my blog, but God's and I can say this was His Idea, as the idea did not start with me.

Do not be afraid if God takes your fish and loaves and uses these in another way, unknown, unanticipated by you.

God makes new doughnuts every day....and bread and fish....And, I just discovered it is National Cookie Day. A food theme today.....



http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Timbits.jpg
Matthew 15:29-37

15 And when it was evening, his disciples came to him, saying: This is a desert place, and the hour is now past: send away the multitudes, that going into the towns, they may buy themselves victuals.
16 But Jesus said to them, They have no need to go: give you them to eat.

17 They answered him: We have not here, but five loaves, and two fishes.
18 He said to them: Bring them hither to me.
19 And when he had commanded the multitudes to sit down upon the grass, he took the five loaves and the two fishes, and looking up to heaven, he blessed, and brake, and gave the loaves to his disciples, and the disciples to the multitudes.
20 And they did all eat, and were filled. And they took up what remained, twelve full baskets of fragments.
21 And the number of them that did eat, was five thousand men, besides women and children.

Other doughnut posts may be found from the tag.