Recent Posts

Thursday 13 February 2014

Choosing between food and meds

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/01/31/Why-Are-Costs-For-Generic-Medications-Soaring

For many poor seniors, like myself, one must choose between paying for meds and other things. Without generous readers of this blog, I would not be able to have cataract ops next month as I cannot afford the pre and post op meds.

Monthly, I have to decide what not to buy as I have two crucial meds I take daily, which are not optional.

I was talking with a sibling who was shocked at how much Medicare costs. I wanted to continue the discussion to include the truth that this administration wants to destroy Medicare and have people on Medicaid instead, which has less choices and more government control.

Some seniors must choose between food and meds.

A civilization which no longer cares about the elderly is no longer a civilization.

The very young and the very old are the most vulnerable in America today.

It is so sad for me to see the erosion of TLC in the medical system, which use to be the best in the world.