Recent Posts

Thursday 6 February 2014

On Grieving Over Your Nation Caught in False Dreams

Jeremiah 23:23-29

Douay-Rheims 
23 Am I, think ye, a God at hand, saith the Lord, and not a God afar off?
24 Shall a man be hid in secret places, and I not see him, saith the Lord? do not I fill heaven and earth, saith the Lord?
25 I have heard what the prophets said, that prophesy lies in my name, and say: I have dreamed, I have dreamed.
26 How long shall this be in the heart of the prophets that prophesy lies, and that prophesy the delusions of their own heart?
27 Who seek to make my people forget my name through their dreams, which they tell every man to his neighbour: as their fathers forgot my name for Baal.
28 The prophet that hath a dream, let him tell a dream: and he that hath my word, let him speak my word with truth: what hath the chaff to do with the wheat, saith the Lord?
29 Are not my words as a fire, saith the Lord: and as a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces?


Rembrandt's Jeremiah Lamenting the Destruction of Jerusalem

Jeremiah 45:3

Douay-Rheims 
Thou hast said: Woe is me, wretch that I am, for the Lord hath added sorrow to my sorrow: I am wearied with my groans, and I find no rest.
Jeremiah grieved over the loss of his young wife. But, he grieved over Israel as well.
His grief was that of a prophet who has spoken again and again of false treaties and of trusting in neighbors with power instead of trusting in God.
He over and over and over told the People of God that their nation would be destroyed and that they would lose everything because they refused to repent.
The people of America and the people of Europe no longer believe that God would allow tribulation. They think, "Why would a loving God punish good people?"
The sins that cry out to heaven for vengeance are found daily, hourly, by minute in both America and the EU.
Jeremiah's sorrow is my sorrow. I have fallen into a sorrow after realizing four things.
1) That the majority of Catholics do not believe in the Justice of God.
2) That the majority of Catholics are not willing to repent of not only abortion, contraception and sodomy, but greed, envy, idolatry, selfishness.
3) That the majority of Catholics deny that anyone goes to hell and that punishment is not a reality which is a direct consequence of sin.
4) That the majority of Catholics have not made their spiritual lives, their souls, and the goal of their lives, heaven, a priority.
God allows tribulation to sift those who are apathetic, giving them examples of courage from the faithful and a chance to repent.
Fear of the Lord is a lost virtue.

Jeremiah by Marc Chagall
I grieve as this once great nation has lost its moral compass. There is no turning back without massive repentance.
And, worse than in Europe, which has the mark of Catholicism on its soul from the very earliest days of the Church, this nation has been steeped in heresies from the first landings of the settlers.
America has never been Catholic and the moment has passed for it to become so. Catholics compromised, putting being American first and being Catholic second.
God is Just as well as Merciful. Jeremiah grieved at the loss of faith and the persistence of idolatry.
If you are not grieving, you are not paying attention.
It is time for fasting, penance, sackcloth and ashes. Too many Catholic are living lies-lies such as, "Oh, God will spare His Church." Or, "There will be a great revival of Christianity and a new world."
No, no, no, no....
Read the February 24th series....