Recent Posts

Thursday 15 May 2014

Mary and Eve

Mary is sometimes called the New Eve.

But, a thought came to me today in my contemplation on sins of envy and pride.


Some theologians claim that Satan fell when he was shown the future and the fact of the Incarnation. Some say he refused to serve God in the Person of Jesus Christ, True God and True Man.

But, what if Satan saw the honor given to the most perfect of creatures made by God, the Immaculate Conception?  What if Satan refused to honor the Theotokos, or even accept his inferiority to her as the brightest angel in the heavens?

What if he was so envious of Our Lady's perfection that he plotted to tempt Eve in retaliation for the most beautiful creature on earth, who he would have to serve, the New Eve, Mary? What if Satan's hatred and temptation of Eve came from his envy and pride?

It is odd that in my short life, I have met priests who do not love Mary. One actually told me "The Church no longer emphasizes Mary." How interesting that years later I found out that these priests who hated Mary were acting homosexuals.

The grave sins of the universe, especially pride and envy, prevent a man from loving Mary.

Satan does not nor ever did love Mary.

Is is possible that he cried out "I will not serve" because he would have served The Woman?

Genesis 3:15 DR

15 I will put enmities between thee and the woman, and thy seed and her seed: she shall crush thy head, and thou shalt lie in wait for her heel.