Recent Posts

Sunday 1 June 2014

The Ascension, Heaven, Hell, and Purgatory

This is the Feast Day wherein we celebrate Christ's return to the Father, sitting at His Right Hand, as we state in our Faith.

Christ's return was the end of His physical Presence on earth, except for the Eucharist. That Christ is in Heaven with His Glorified Body reminds us that those who persevere will also have their bodies in Heaven, after the Last Judgment.

Souls in Purgatory do not have their bodies. Souls in Hell, after that Last Judgment will.

We are humans, body and soul. We are not merely souls. We are not merely bodies.

Throughout all eternity, our bodies and our souls will experience either bliss or torment.

Pray for final perseverance. Many people will, tragically, go to hell without our prayers. Pray.

Here is a prayer from St. Alphonsus:


Prayer to Obtain Final Perseverance

Eternal Father, I Humbly Adore and Thank You, for having Created me, and for having Redeemed me. I Thank You for having made me a Christian, by giving me the True Faith, and for Adopting me as Your Child in Baptism. I Thank You for having given me Time-to Repent, after my many Sins, and for having Pardoned all my Offenses. I Renew my Sorrow for them, because I have Displeased You. I Thank You also for having Preserved me from Falling-again, as I would have done, if You had not Held me up, and Saved me. But my Enemies, do not cease Fighting-against me, nor will they, until I Die. If You do not Help me Continually, I will Lose Your Grace again. I, therefore, Pray-for Perseverance till Death. Your Son Jesus, has Promised that You will give us whatever we Ask-for in His Name. By the Merits-of Jesus Christ, I beg You, for myself and for all those who are in Your Grace, the Grace-of Never-more being Separated-from Your Love. May we always Love You in this Life, and in the Next.
Mary, Mother of God, Pray to Jesus for me. So I Hope. So may it be.
Amen