Recent Posts

Wednesday 29 October 2014

The Cross Speaks Loudest


The Crucifixion of Christ speaks to us today in a new way. Christ on the Cross, the Word of God rejected by men, is still rejected, even in the Church.

St. John wrote this:

John 1 Douay-Rheims 

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
The same was in the beginning with God.
All things were made by him: and without him was made nothing that was made.
In him was life, and the life was the light of men.
And the light shineth in darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.
There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.
This man came for a witness, to give testimony of the light, that all men might believe through him.
He was not the light, but was to give testimony of the light.
That was the true light, which enlighteneth every man that cometh into this world.
10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.  


11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
12 But as many as received him, he gave them power to be made the sons of God, to them that believe in his name.
13 Who are born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we saw his glory, the glory as it were of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

That Christ Himself was rejected by His Own People is something which happens daily.
The Light of the World was ignored, rejected, killed.
The Word of God was made powerless by those in power.
But, that is not the end of the story. God raised Christ up in glory and that is my message tonight.
There are too many words. Too many priests and lay people are speaking about things which do not matter. They are ignoring the Word of God. Too many words fill the Net, twitter, Facebook, cell phones. One cannot walk down the street without hearing someone on the phone here.

Words hide the truth of this moment of history. The Word of God calls each Catholic to silence, to prayer, to penance, but who is hearing this Word? People want to talk to me about trivia. 
The days for trivial words are over, my dear readers.
Seek the Word of God while He can be found, for soon the silencing of Truth will occur throughout most nations.The noise of satan is growing. 
Like thunder, like white noise, it attempts to destroy the Word in the world. Of course, that is impossible, but many will suffer from deafness.There are enough words; even good commentaries can stop us from praying. 


One must learn to hear the truth loud and clear, and not be deceived in the murkiness of our hearts.

The Crucifixion is still the sign which stuns the unbelievers and is the stumbling block for many.

The Cross speaks loudly. But, that Cross is also our cross and God is going to ask us to each live out our crosses so that others can hear the Gospel.

One must seek the Cross in silence and reflection. Some must continue to share, but for many, the time for the end of words is near. Seeking in silence leads to a depth not found in words.
The prophets were full of words from God. And they were tormented by the words in their hearts, minds, souls.

Jeremiah was a prophet for forty years. His words were not accepted by most of the People of God.

Elijah cried out for God to take his life, as he said he was no better than the prophets who had gone before him and were ignored.


Even David became tired and cried out to the Lord for relief.

Christ cried out that same psalm which haunted David in his own words,

Psalm 21 Douay-Rheims 

21 Unto the end, for the morning protection, a psalm for David.
O God my God, look upon me: why hast thou forsaken me? Far from my salvation are the words of my sins.
O my God, I shall cry by day, and thou wilt not hear: and by night, and it shall not be reputed as folly in me.
But thou dwellest in the holy place, the praise of Israel.
In thee have our fathers hoped: they have hoped, and thou hast delivered them.
They cried to thee, and they were saved: they trusted in thee, and were not confounded.
But I am a worm, and no man: the reproach of men, and the outcast of the people.
All they that saw me have laughed me to scorn: they have spoken with the lips, and wagged the head.
He hoped in the Lord, let him deliver him: let him save him, seeing he delighteth in him.
10 For thou art he that hast drawn me out of the womb: my hope from the breasts of my mother.
11 I was cast upon thee from the womb. From my mother's womb thou art my God,
12 Depart not from me. For tribulation is very near: for there is none to help me.
13 Many calves have surrounded me: fat bulls have besieged me.
14 They have opened their mouths against me, as a lion ravening and roaring.
15 I am poured out like water; and all my bones are scattered. My heart is become like wax melting in the midst of my bowels.
16 My strength is dried up like a potsherd, and my tongue hath cleaved to my jaws: and thou hast brought me down into the dust of death.
17 For many dogs have encompassed me: the council of the malignant hath besieged me. They have dug my hands and feet.
18 They have numbered all my bones. And they have looked and stared upon me.
19 They parted my garments amongst them; and upon my vesture they cast lots.
20 But thou, O Lord, remove not thy help to a distance from me; look towards my defence.
21 Deliver, O God, my soul from the sword: my only one from the hand of the dog.
22 Save me from the lion's mouth; and my lowness from the horns of the unicorns.
23 I will declare thy name to my brethren: in the midst of the church will I praise thee.
24 Ye that fear the Lord, praise him: all ye the seed of Jacob, glorify him.
25 Let all the seed of Israel fear him: because he hath not slighted nor despised the supplication of the poor man. Neither hath he turned away his face from me: and when I cried to him he heard me.
26 With thee is my praise in a great church: I will pay my vows in the sight of them that fear him.
27 The poor shall eat and shall be filled: and they shall praise the Lord that seek him: their hearts shall live for ever and ever.
28 All the ends of the earth shall remember, and shall be converted to the Lord: And all the kindreds of the Gentiles shall adore in his sight.
29 For the kingdom is the Lord's; and he shall have dominion over the nations.
30 All the fat ones of the earth have eaten and have adored: all they that go down to the earth shall fall before him.
31 And to him my soul shall live: and my seed shall serve him.
32 There shall be declared to the Lord a generation to come: and the heavens shall shew forth his justice to a people that shall be born, which the Lord hath made.

But as you can see, the cry to God is not the end of the story.

Heaven is, the new heaven and new earth. Sometimes, it is hard to see the end of the story, but such is our faith, even that of those of us who must cry out the words of the Lord.

I am a wordsmith who serves The Word of God.

However, I do not know if I have many days of words left.